Tuesday, May 17, 2016

may 16, 2016 letter

Dear Family:
It was a great week this week! It was awesome, as always, to be a part of MLC. The two topics we discussed this time were "Choosing Happiness" and "Charity". It was a great oppurtunity to learn more on how to gain charity and how to choose happiness in hard times. I love President Samuelian because his view for us as missionaries goes far, far beyond the mission and what we will do here.  He often trains us on things that will affect us here, and also after the mission, and not just strategic things as missionaries. I have a greater desire to develop more charity for the people with whom I work. That MLC meeting will be one of the things that I will miss the most when I return home. I will miss the spirit and the wisdom of my leaders and to be able to learn at the feet of the Savior. My biggest concern about being home is not feeling the spirit with the frequency that I have felt out here. I obviously won't, as I won't hold this calling any longer, but it will be a hard transition back into the world! 

We had an amazing experience the other day tracting. We felt impressed to knock on the door across the street from one of our investigators, and a man opened the door and after a few minutes of talking, he invited us in (that still blows my mind that I am a 20 year old kid knocking on strangers doors and then entering into their homes... Haha) and we were able to share one of the most spiritual lessons with him about the restoration.  I was really able to grow in my ability to teach and understand the gospel when I was in English for close to 9 months of my mission, and I have felt slightly impaired when working in Spanish at times, because of the inability to perfectly express what I wanted to say.  I never felt less than confident, nor a lack of the spirit, but I didn't feel I had the same ability that I felt when I taught in English. I have realized this last week that I feel I have finally come to that point with my Spanish proficency and my ability to teach in that language. More and more frequently have caught myself expressing things as I would in the English work, and it has been such a big blessing. We ended up teaching this man an amazing lesson and he accepted a return appointment and the challenge to be baptized. 

I know this church is true, and that if we listen, the spirit will guide us to where we need to go and what it is that we need to say. 
I love you all!
Love, Elder Romney




Our District

No comments: