Monday, February 2, 2015

february 2, 2015 letter


Well this week was probably one of the funniest and craziest weeks i've ever had. This morning we had to move and it literally took us about 6 hours to move everything across to our new apt. It was so nice. I'll have to send some pictures of what it looks like. it was just a fun experience all together. 

I have two crazy stories. I don't know if I told you this or not, but we started tracting on Front St, which is literally one of the craziest places. It feels like a third world county mixed with Compton haha. Elder Carbajal and I were walking down it the other day because he hadn't seen it yet and we just call it the little mexico. We were walking down the street and we met this English guy who was either mentally insane or on more drugs than a body can handle, because we started talking to him and he told us about how the train (which passes by front st.) has to be plugged into a toaster and in order to get it back out you have to unplug it and then you have to find the three O's in the week and use them to get through it and lay in the water bed to change into a woman, and many other crazy things. haha I've never tried so hard not to laugh in my entire life. Just yesterday when we were tracting we ran into him and he told me about how sad he was that the seahawks lost the superbowl and how he had to go and cry for an hour to feel better because his ancestors in Alaska died but that it was okay because they play 41 games in heaven even though they play 32 down here. haha I was trying so hard not to crack up while he was talking to us. Then he started talking about the O's again and how they turn into 1 hundred dollar bills and how he would give me 2 members of his team to help out. Haha it was probably so bad, but i just started to go along with him and was like "oh yeah yeah, so you have to get two B's to get a C and then you can ride the train to get where you need to go, but that costs one player right?" and he was like " oh you're so right, but you also have to lose another so you would lose three" and i was like," hmmhmm you would lose it all and the game would be over".  We literally went on with a conversation for ten minutes that made no sense to anyone and Elder Carbajal just stood off to the side looking thoroughly confused.

My other story that I have about Front St. is that the other day we met this Hispanic who was homeless in the back ally ways of the stores and we decided to go and talk to him. We went there and he started yelling at us about how he hated all religion, and he proceeded to tell us how he hated everything about organizations. It started to get pretty heated on his part and we just kind of stood there politely and listened to what he had to say. But then he looked at me and he started speaking to me and for some reason i couldn't understand him, but then I realized what he was saying was "so if i pulled a knife out on you, what would you do, would you fight back or just let yourself die?" haha so at that point i was pretty rattled and ready to start fighting this guy or run!  He lifted up his jacket and you could see that he had a knife on him so i got freaked out. haha so i just talked to him calmly and told him that we had to go. We calmed him down and he seemed a little bit nicer to us, but we definitely didn't want to run into him again. Well.... haha just the other night, guess who we saw walking down Front St. again.... the same guy. He was with another guy who we had met the other day that had just gotten out of the hospital for getting into a fight and for being on drugs. and there really wasn't anywhere to turn so we just kept walking. We tried to walk past but they saw us and there was no doing that, so we just tried to be as charmful as we possibly could and as nice as we could to him. The conversation turned into how he was hungry and how he needed money to get food and he started like interrogating us on how much we ha
d ate. We told him we'd eaten only once that day which was true because we literally had no time to stop and eat anything. Then he started to get mad and was like give us some money! You are supposed to help the poor!  We really didn't have any money on us at the time so we told him that he couldn't, so he looked right at me and said, "well... if you're not going to give me any money then..." and at this point he was reaching into his pocket and in my head i'm thinking, oh well here we go, we're about to get into a fight or something. He is reaching into his pocket and he pulls out a miniature pistol, and i think, oh crap... and the visions of pawn stars goes running through my head and how they had one of the miniature pistols on it, and i remember the statistics that they had on it and how it may not kill you but would do serious damage, so I'm staring down the tiny barrel of a gun and seeing what seemed to be the bullets, and thinking well I'm either going to die or i'm going to be a vegetable, but here we go! So he sits there shaking it at me while i squint my eyes and get ready to see the bullets flying at my head, and as I'm backing up flinching, he's like "wow, calm down i'm just kidding, its a lighter" and he shows me that it was a lighter that looked like a tiny gun. Talk about an adrenaline rusher! I was really ready to get shot and go to the spirit world, but luckily the guy wasn't serious about it. i just told him we had to go, but he said that next time he sees us, we better bring some money. so yeah... that was my story for the week. I thought I was going to die. but i was so ready for it (; jk, I would have run or something. 

Along with that  we had an awesome leadership meeting and interviews that were so good and raised our morale and helped us so much spiritually and physically! It's crazy work out here and you meet crazy people every day, but I wouldn't trade it for anything and I love it. 

I love you all soo much! Love, Elder Romney(:



Our washer and drier shakes so bad that we can lay on it and get a massage (
Me, getting my hair cut by one of the sisters investigators(:


Some sweet apts. that we found the other day (:

This is Abuelita, the only lady in the entire mission we can hug. She is the sweetest lady in the entire world (:  She took us out to Denny's one morning....it was the best!

No comments: