Monday, February 9, 2015

february 9, 2015 letter

Dear family:
Well this week has been another pretty good week!  Sadly there is absolutley no sushine at all. I havnet seen the sun in a couple of weeks and am beginnign to wonder what the sun looks like! But its a good thing I have this awesome jacket from Brian because i'ts saved me like  a thousand times!  Thanks again, Brian!

We had a really spiritual experience this week. Remember the lady that pretended to be a jehovas witness and started yelling at me the first time that I knocked a house here, and she was really just a member? Yeah, she passed away on Tuesday. She and I grew super close while I was out here and I was always the one that she would call if she needed help translating or needed help at the doctors. It was bound to happen soon because she was so weak and fragile, but it all kind of hit us by surprise when she ended up in the hospital and had a stroke and passed away a couple days later. I had the opportunity to go and talk with  her husband the day after and it was so sad to see how heart broken he was. He was always the life of the party when we went over and would hug us and greet us and tell us how much he loved us, but this time he sat there solemnly and quietly listening to us. I felt so bad and just wanted to take away all the pain that he had! We had an awesome funeral service at the church and almost all of the branch came. She was really such an amazing little woman. President Pister told us about how, on her last day, before she had her stroke in the hospital, she made him come over to her hospital bed and out of her gown she pulled out a tithing slip and gave it to him. I wanted to cry when he told us that story. She had so much faith that even when she was dirt poor and obviously couldn't pay all her bills, she gave her tithing to the lord to let Him know how much she loved Him. That example will always have an impression on my heart and I will remember her faithfulness to the church for the rest of my life. She was the first person I met on my mission and the first person to actually leave, so it was a little heartbreaking! But the branch pulled together really well and are helping Sebastian cope with the loss of his wife.

I don't have too much time to write, but it was a good week and we were able to see a lot of success! We are finally starting to see the fruits of our labors and I'm loving it! It's been tough on the mission so far being a planter of seeds in the hearts of men, but I'll do what the Lord wants me to do, whether that Be planting or harvesting. 

Oh and I also traded one of my ties for a sweet watch, a hoodie and a really nice pillow! I don't know how i got that deal, but I was more than wiling to take it!

 I love you Guys!!!!
 Love, Elder Romney (:

Elder Carbajal passed out (fell asleep) during language study (:

At a little party we had at the church on saturday. it was so much fun!!


In a poncho!

No comments: