Wednesday, July 2, 2014

mtc letter july 1, 2014

The first day that i got here was really hard because i missed you guys so much. It was really hard until Elder Smoot literally came to my door and told me about his experience with being homesick.  He said that he was homesick and that his sister emailed him and told him that the atonement wasn't only for helping you with your sins, its literally to make you whole, and he said to make sure that that night i prayed for the atonement to make me whole and feel better.  I did that a little bit later and instantly felt better and was able to fall asleep. As the days have gone on, the Lord has blessed me to be able to get lost in his work. I have prayed so hard for this blessing and its amazing to see the Lords hand in my life.  Each night I'm able to write in my journal, because I know you'll want to read all of it when I get home, and I can see all of my blessings each day. Its amazing. 

The language is super hard but I've been getting better.  I've gone from understanding 5 percent of what the teachers are saying to understanding about 75 percent of what my teachers are saying. ( they speak in almost only Spanish)  Everyone in my district has a companionship where at least one person can speak Spanish, but my companionship is the only one where neither of us knew any prior Spanish, so that's a struggle of its own.  Literally on our first day, we had to go and teach an investigator who knew absolutely no English and it was very very hard. We have one appointment every day except p day and Sunday. This is super hard, but I know that things are going to be getting better. 

 Its amazing to hear from you and I miss you guys a lot.  Let Emily and Sara know that I read there emails but literally have no time to respond because we only have an allotted to type.  Sundays are amazing and so are p days.  I know you guys are praying for me, but if you guys are trying to figure our what to pray for, pray that I will be able to receive the gift of tongues,and pray that I can feel the power of the atonement with me 

 I hope you never forget how much I love you and that I am praying for you every single night. Keep me updated on how Romney and Boston and Atticus and all the nieces and nephews are doing.  I cant thank you enough for all that you have done for me and for loving me so much.  I cant wait to  give you the biggest hug when I get home. I love you mom, and I love you dad.  You guys are the best.  I miss you guys.  Its tough out here, but I know this is what I´m supposed to be doing.  I love you guys and please let me know how things are going back at home. and please tell Sister Smoot that I have a huge appreciation for her son and he is a literal angel in my life.  Love you guys, love Elder Romney.




No comments: