Tuesday, April 5, 2016

april 4, 2016 letter

Dear Family:
I loved this week specifically for General Conference. There is almost no greater blessing than to hear the testimonies and the guidance from prophets and apostles who commune with God. It makes me sad, that even many members decide not to watch some of the sessions of conference. I think it shows a real part of conversion when you realize that a literal Prophet of God has prepared to speak to the world. 

My favorite message of all of the conferences was probably the first talk in the  Priesthood Session. It really spoke to me and made me have a greater desire to hold the power of the Priesthood rightousely. I turned to one of the Elders that was sitting next to me and said that, that was one of the best talks I had ever heard. There were so many other good talks. I loved Jeffrey R Hollands, the one who talked about the refugees, Mervyn B Arnold, and Deiter F Uchtdorf in the Priesthood session. It was one of the best Priesthood sessions I have been to,
even though it ended sooner than we had expected. I was grateful to have spent conference with the Pisters. They are awesome and I am grateful how loving and giving they are, and they truly have become eternal friends. 

We had an amazing lesson with one of our investigators. We taught him the restoration and he told us that it all just made sense to him. We invited him to be baptized on the 24th of April. He said he would pray about it, but that it was going to be hard to leave his past behind. He really is an amazing guy. 

I also got in contact with the another family. They are a family that I had taught at the very beginning of my mission and they would such a great family in the church, and contribute a lot, if they would join. And a sister from one of the families that I had taught with Elder Carbajal, found out that I was back in town and called one of the members in our branch and told her that she wanted us to come back and teach them again. Both of these families were so close to being baptized, but then various things got in the way. I truly feel thatI have come back to help baptize them and help them find the door to the blessing of eternal families. That is my greatest desire while being here in Woodburn. 

It was a little tough with some of the people that we had met this last week, who don't seem to be as interested as we thought. We are really working to find new people, so keep us in your prayers!! 

Love, Elder Romney

The Capitol Building for P day







No comments: