Tuesday, April 19, 2016

april 18, 2016 letter


Dear Family:
It was another really good week. I got the awesome oppurtunity to go back to Newberg and be a witness in a baptism of the man Elder Bromley and I put on date a few weeks before I left. Hie has overcome so many things in his life, including a stroke that paralyzed him on the left side. He was a trooper and has made a 180 degree change in his life in the last 2 months. He was someone you might have walked by on the street and never thought he would be a part of the church, but he has changed so dramastically (I guess that's a mashup of dramatically and drastically --sandy romney), you can see it in his countenance. He told me about how much he was loving the Book of Mormon and how much he was receiving revelation from God. I will send you some pictures of him, Elder Bromley and his companion Elder Winder (who came out with me, but goes home a transfer after me), and I. Elder Bromley and I sang I am a Child of God at the end of the meeting. There is nothing that I love more than being able to be part of such a crucial and important part of someones life. They usually wait to do the confirmation on the next day, but he was confirmed on the same day he was baptized, because of Stake Conference

Our zone had ZTM this week and it was really good. Elder Anzures and I trained on planning for lessons with our progressing investigators, and the STL's trained on how to help our investigators come to church. We have such a small zone, so it is definitely different from the other meetings that had I had been a part of the past 5 months. Our zone also had a baptism the same day, so I wasn't able to go, but it was of an 11 year old boy, and his parents are getting baptized in May when they get married. It was awesome because Elder Anzures and I found and taught the young boy's uncles who were later baptized and helped this young man come into the church. 

Our investigators are doing well, we had some pretty direct and stern lessons with some of our investigators, one of whom said that he was 110% committed to Jesus Christ, but he said he didn't want to come to church. I quoted him the scripture in the bible that says "if ye love me, keep my commandments," and told him that "commandments are commandments, not suggestions", and he told us that he would come to church this upcoming Sunday, but I guess we will see what happens!  

We are also working with a father and son. They are awesome and Elder Perryman taught them before he left Woodburn. They would be an awesome family to be a part of the church, and I hope they make the decision to be baptized! 

I love you all!

Love, Elder Romney


Spencer is on the very far right in the white shirt.

At the baptism with Elders Bromley & Romney

In the car with Elder Anzures


Crossing a river in the car on a ferry

At the baptism with Elders Winder, Bromley & Romney



No comments: