Monday, December 15, 2014

december 15, 2014 letter

Dear family,
This week was a pretty good one! it really just feels like the christmas spirit is just coming out of everyone(: 

Literally one of the nicest things that have ever happened on my mission happened on Sunday. I had to pass the sacrament that day and as I was doing it I looked over the aisle and saw that one of the investigators of the sisters was sitting by himself. So right after it was over, I picked up all of my stuff and went over and sat by him. Now you have to know this guys. He is literally one of the sweetest guys in the world and is so shy. he is super selfconscious about his weight and so he doesnt ever really want you to talk to him, so he doenst really have many friends in the ward to be with. I decided I would go sit with him and try and spark up a little conversation with him to try and make him feel better. I went over there and asked him if I could sit by him and you could just see the light on his face because someone wanted to sit next to him(: I just talked to him for a little bit, but I wanted him to be able to listen to the talks, so i kept it really short. I was so tired that day, and I was literally trying so hard to stay awake, so I finally crossed my right leg over my left to try to try and make it tingle so it would keep me awake! haha As I was doing that he saw that I had a hole in my shoe ( they are some really cheap dressier shoes that i bought for 15 dollars and only wear on Sundays with my suit, so i wasnt really that sad). It was really hard to understand him in the meeting house and it kind of mumbled his Spanish, but I finally got what he was saying and he said, "do you want some new shoes?" and i told him, haha no im good, (: and he was like, "no, really im going to get you new shoes". He doesnt have a lot of money and so I kept telling him no, like really, im okay. but he insisted on giving me new shoes! So literally that night he calls me at 8 at night as was like "where are you, can you meet me at the chapel"? and i was like of course, thinking that he just was having a hard time and need someone to talk to. so when we got there his old beat up white van pulls up and he gets out and is like, holding a box in his hands, "i hope you like these shoes...". it was literally one of the sweetest things on my entire mission and i wanted to start bawling! he told me about how thankful he was that i would come and sit by him and be his friend and that he would do anything for me if i ever needed it. He is one of the nicest people in the entire world and I would do anything for him. I want to take a picture with him today at fhe and I will send it to you(: He looks kind of like a rugged guy, but he is one of the sweetest people in the world.

The other super awesome story that happened this week was when we went to an investigators of the sisters house for dinner. Her name is alejandra and is so so sweeet too. Any time that we dont have dinner she always calls us and makes sure that we are fed and is just a sweetheart. We went over there and right now she is trying to quit smoking so she can be baptized here pretty soon and this was her first day being completely off of it and she said that she was having a really really hard time, so we taught her about blessings and offered to give her one and she accepted! I have come to love blessings so so much. There is no way that you can describe the peace and wonderful feelings they bring. We promised her that if she read and prayed everyday then she would be able to overcome her challenges of smoking. I'll have to get a picture with her as well and send it to you(:

Today when we were at walmart shopping, some random white lady came and walked behind me and put her hand on my shoulder and was like, hold on just a sec. and she bent over and was trying to rip off a string of my jacket. haha i just stood there pretty much in shock! haha so yeah, i got my bum touched but some completely random stranger today too, so that was interesting!

We were also able to go to a baby shower this week of some random people that we helped do service for, and found a family of eleven people that want to hear about the gospel, so i am hoping for good things from that(:

I love you guys so much and I cant wait to see you at Christmas (:
Love,
Elder Romney

This is a picture of a guy who was shot when he was 17 and is partially paralized! I love him so much and his conversion story!! And that is his mom who takes care of him (:

Outside of one of our investigators houses with an elf (:



This is when we were practicing for doing the skit today! its Perryman and me and Elder Anzures, who i love to death. I hope he is my companion one day!!

No comments: