Monday, March 23, 2015

march 23, 2015 letter

Dear family:
I wanted to start out with something funny that happened to me the other day. Sometimes we go and play catch with one of the family's c sons and when we were playing I saw this guy riding his bike off in the distance. As he approached, I noticed that the bike looked soo familiar, and when he got right to me I realized that it was my bike... hahaha yeah, so apperantly the other Elders thought I didnt want my bike anymore because it was handed down and was so beat, up so they threw it in the nearby dumpster. and this fortunate Hispanic gentleman found it and took off with it! haha So there goes my bike! It's somewhere lost in Woodburn being riden by a little mexican man(:  I saw him again the other day and thought about tackling him for the bike, but didn't think that would be approriate, and it would probably be more benificial to him, so I let it go (: But i thought that was a funny story and that you would appreciate it! I guess I'll just have to look for another bike now!

And I want to tell you another funny thing. The other day when i was at another family's for dinner with the other elders, she was talking about wanting to go to Utah for sister Kitchen's wedding in August and I told her that she had to run by and say hi to you guys while she was there. I told her that I would give her your numbers so that she could call you anytime and when she got down there she could call you and pass by the house. While I was saving the number in her phone I thought that it said to save as the cellular number, but it actual said to call... so here I am at dinner calling dad. haha I kind of panicked and threw the phone at her and told her to turn it off! haha I definitely didnt want to go through telling president that I was calling my dad at dinner! So thats when she texted you and told you that she was sorry and that she had miss-called by accident. Yea, that was me who accidentaly called you! And I was there the whole time you guys were texting haha, so that was fun (: Oh and if you text her and ask her to send you pictures of noche de hogar and everything, she has a ton of photos and she said that she would send them to you!

A friend is also going to utah here pretty soon in about April or so, and I gave him our address and he said that he wanted to come by. He said that if you were to make a dinner for him, because I told him you would, he said that he would want caserole, funeral potatoes and green jello! haha he said that was his favorite thing in the world and nobody makes it up here. He is our ward mission leader and we are super close! He's probably one of the closest people to me in the branch, so it will be fun to meet him. and he speaks english too, so no worries (: i think he comes down around the 13th of april or so, but i gave him your phone number, so he should call if he is going to be able to make it down to the house (:

On Sunday, after our gospel principals class, i asked a boy to pray infront of the class. Holy cow, he is probably one of the most amazing little boys I've ever met. He is literally 8 going on 40. He acts so mature and wants to go on a mission when he is older. We got him a little future missionary plaque and gave it to him with his awesome suit that he wears to church. He would change lives if he became a member of this church and I cant wait for him and his family to finally accept completely the gospel of Jesus Christ (: Oh, and he executed the prayer perfectly and probably prayed better than anyone could have in the entire class. After he had finished, there was an astonished look on everyone's faces, and everyone kind of just laughed out of shock of how amazing and brave this little boy is. I'll attatch a photo of him and me with his little plaque (:

Recently, we had a meeting where we were talking about leadership and the importance of being one as a companionship, as a district, as a zone and as a mission. That is the big push right now, especially with the ipads we're getting and everything. They gave examples of good unity and bad unity so that people will kind of get the grasp of what it means and feels like to be part of something that is united as one, under a leader who has a vision that helps them be one. The whole time I was just thinking, I already know what it feels like to be part of a team where everyone is completely united and the leaders had a vision and pushed you.  I remember that I was was part of a group like that from 5th grade to 9th!  I've been reflecting a lot back on those few years that I played football with coach Joe and Ryan and all of my team. We were 18 little boys, but we were one in heart. Whenever someone flat backed one of us, we went up to our player, and said "no worry, i'll knock the snot out of him, because nobody hits my brother". Or when someone couldnt finish the run in practice, we all ran back to help him. And when someone fell down, they had 18 brothers right next to them, who loved them and supported them. I truly miss that team and the amazing leadership that we had with Joe and Ryan. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them. They truly loved me and every single one of us individually and that is what motivated us to work so hard and be united as one. When i think of a leader I think of them, and want to be like them. I don't think they'll ever really realize how big of an effect they had on a group of 18, 11 year olds. I miss being a part of something like that, and hope to strive to have a district and a mission and one day a family of my own like that. I want to be united as one with those around me. And just like Shadrack Meeshack and Abendigo, when they were one, Christ was with them. Especially with how crazy and hectic the world is getting, theres never been a more important time than now to be one and have Christ in our midst.

I love you all!
Love Elder Romney

No comments: