Tuesday, February 2, 2016

february 1, 2016 letter

2-1-2016
Dear Family:
Hey! It's a new week, and there is going to be a new transfer!  It will be another crazy ride this transfer and it has been an amazing two transfers with Elder Joly. We learned so so much together and I am going to miss him. The clock is ticking fast, and now more than ever I want to give it my all! I only have left half of the time I spent in Woodburn which just boggles my mind. 

I will be receiving a new companion who is awesome. We will serve as assistants together in a new ward, so I will be speaking English again. This area I am going to be working in hasn't had missionaries in their ward for over 2 years, so it will be fun to go in and get some work going. I will have white-washed 4 out of the 5 times I've moved, which has been a burden and a blessing. It makes me so happy, though, that the Lord trusts me enough to go in and start up areas. I also enjoy the excitement of having to exercise my faith and find all of the investigators that I teach! .  Since I will be going into an English ward, I will be teaching in English again, so that will be interesting. I already spent a quarter of my mission speaking in English, and by the time I'm done, I will probably end up speaking English close to half of my mission. I remember in an interview with president, he said the reason I was being assigned to speak English was because the Lord trusted my Spanish enough that I wouldn't lose it.  The Lord has definitely blessed me so much to retain and keep my Spanish while being here. 

This week we will be having 15 sisters and 4 Elders coming in, so go sister power! haha I believe that it will be the first time in Oregon Salem history that the sisters far far outweigh the Elders and it will be an awesome change up. I guess the Lord is in need of Sisters here in Oregon. It will also be the first wave of elders who will go home in 2018. That is crazy to me, but it was probably crazy to the elders who were older when I came in that I was going home in 2016. 

I don't have too much time to write today, but one of the miracles that I experienced was teaching a lady and her daughter. We found them tracting with a member and invited her to a different members house in her complex to eat dinner and have a lesson. The lesson ended up happening and it was awesome. I was on splits with a member in our ward while Elder Joly had to go to a meeting we needed to attend, but I decided to stay and teach instead. It was super powerful and we taught them about the restoration. I plan to hand them off to the Spanish Elders that are coming on Tuesday

 I love you so much, and the work here is going great. And remember the Lord always protects the families of those who serve Him (: 
I love you all! 
Love, Elder Romney (:

No comments: