Tuesday, November 10, 2015

november 9, 2015 letter

Dear Family:
So this was a very eventful week! This week has been a really tough one. I haven't been feeling very well or eating very well this past week or so, and with no sunlight for the past 3 weeks, it was kind of getting to me! It had gotten to the point, that when I was on an exchange with one of the elders, I was actually feeling a little down. In the end, I love those moments because they bring me to my knees in more humble and sincere supplication to my Heavenly Father. It has been tough because we haven't seen much success so far in this little branch and only 8 people in the entire branch came on Sunday, so I had just been getting down on myself. On the exchange, there was almost nothing to do in the area, and I had to take over because the other Elder was brand new. So we walked in the pouring rain for four hours, and the shoes I was wearing had  a hole in them and they were soaked. haha As much of a pitty party it sounds like, I was grateful for it (: haha. We actually saw a lot of success with people who are less active. We were able to go in and share a message with them and invite them to church. Of the three that committed, one actually came. 

I got the call while I was on the exchange that I would be going to the Newburg Spanish Branch as an AP with Elder Joly. We will be the first completely Spanish-speaking AP companionship and we will be white-washing into the Spanish branch in Newburg. It's technically called the Dayton Spanish branch. They got approval a while ago to become a ward, so we are going help them do that!  This will with the 3rd time that I have white-washed an area, and now I am doing it being an AP, so that will be an even greater weight on my shoulders!  But I love it, and I'm grateful for this opportunity.  I think you know who Elder Joly is, he came in a transfer after me and was trained by Elder Ashcraft too. I was with Elder Solano and Elder Ashcraft left me to go train Elder Joly, so when they had to do zone leader stuff, they would send Elder Joly and me out knocking doors. So it was the two of us, only being out just a few months, trying to knock doors. He is from Alta and is a ballroom dancer there. He is a lot of fun to be around, and is a very positive person. I am excited to be with him. 

At this time, i feel more than ever, the need and desire to consecrate myself, and lean on my Heavenly Father. I know He has great plans for me, and through obedience and faith I can find what those plans are. I would appreciate lots of prayers, and any ideas to help in dealing with not having much sunlight.

Thanks for all that you do for me. I am reading in 3 Nephi right now, and more and more i can see the relevance and application that the Book of Mormon has to us today. I am grateful for those inspired writings to lead and guide us in these, the last days. Please keep me in your prayers that we will be able to find people to teach and help this branch become a ward. Also, that I can become a true disciple of Jesus Christ, not only with my actions, but with my heart. 
I love you all! 
Love, Elder Romney (:

Family Home Evening is always enjoyable

Family Home Evening is always enjoyable

At the trailer park where we've been teaching
Thankfully, Brian's jacket works great in the rain :)

100% Oregon humidity!


No comments: