Tuesday, October 27, 2015

october 26, 2015 letter

Dear Family:
So, this week was a pretty fun week! We were tracting in a trailer park this week that we call "the gold mine", since that is like the only place in our area that has a bunch of Hispanics. While we were tracting there one night, the owner ran up to us and started yelling at us saying that he didn't want us there, so we left. But we have like 5 sets of investigators there and had an appointment with one of them the next day. We left to go to the appointment, and as we were walking to the house, we saw the manager driving in again and immediately just ditched our car and began to walk straight to the entrance of the park, and then we started running because we didn't want another confrontation with him again. We were right next to a highway, so we had to walk on the side of the busy road to the light that was just ahead. While we were there at the light, we saw the manager in his truck driving towards us, so we played it cool and just kept looking forward.  We decided that whatever way he was going to go, that we would go the other way and cross the street. So, when he turned left, we decided to go straight instead and keep walking. He turned around and kept following us, but we got away and had some other Elders come pick us up. The sad thing is is that we have almost all of our investigators there, so we have to keep going back! Now, whenever we go there, we have to sneak around the place (;

My favorite part of the entire week was when our zone went to go sing at an old folks home. it was so much fun. We got there a little early and were able to go walk around and talk to the people that were there. They could barely hear us when we were talking to them, so I can guarantee they couldn't understand the words of the hymns we were singing, but you could feel the spirit there so strong. I invited everyone there to just open up their hearts and let the spirit enter in. It was such a cool experience and i loved it. We also ate at an old folks home for dinner with one of our members, so we spent most of that  day with super old people and i loved it(:

On Saturday, we had 4 baptisms in the zone, and Elder Sumner and I decided to go to all of them. We spent about 6 or 7 hours going to baptisms, and each one was such a spiritual experience.  I am going to be so sad when i have to go home and I'm not part of something like this all the time. We get almost numb to these type of things, but I hope I can cherish every moment out here!

This week, my studies were very focused around the sacrament. We listened to a talk by John Bytheway (oh and ps, if you can send me more of his talks, that would be so so awesome, like for Thanksgiving or something, You could even send it early!) about the sacrament and the importance of it. He used church as an acronym and it was awesome. This Sunday was the first Sunday that i had actually been to church in our branch. The first week I was here was General Conference, and the second i was with Elder Carbajal, and then the third it was Stake Conference, and so now, the 4th week, I finally went to the little branch! Elder Sumner and I were asked to speak, and I talked about 3 Nephi 18 about the Sacrament. I have grown such a huge testimony of the Sacrament, and how it represents our Savior. I read in Jesus the Christ about it as well and how Christ is the bread of life. I love it and am so grateful to be able to partake of it every week!
I love you all!
Love, Elder Romney (:

We are carving pumpkins for zone pday, Everyone is here except 4 of the Elders.
It's sunny in the pumpkin patch!
My pumpkin.....isnt it pretty?
Sister Wirick who helped me carve it!
Elder Heywood and I talking to an older lady at the Senior Center. Elder Heywood is one of my favorite elders! He is a state champion wrestler and is going to wrestle for UVU on scholarship when he gets home from his mission.
This is us singing at the Senior Center.

No comments: