Monday, October 19, 2015

october 19, 2015 letter

Dear family:
This week has definitely been a lot more calm than the week before! There was still a lot that went on, but it was fun to do some of the things that we did (: We went to the temple on Tuesday and had Stake Conference this weekend and had interviews with President Samuelian too. I don't know if I told you this last week, but Elder Sumner and I got a blessings from president after MLC and it was such a cool experience.  I had a lot of questions that I needed answered and the Lord was kind enough to answer them in the blessing. 

I would say that this week was a very good catch-up week and a week to allow me to get my feet back underneath me. One thing that I learned a lot about this week was charity. As I knelt in prayer one night, I prayed for each person in my district and for their investigators and that they would come to baptism. I ended up falling asleep on my knees at my chair and waking up at 11:30 and then I crawled into bed, exhausted. As I prayed, and especially today, I felt love for each missionary so much more than ever before. It's true what Paul said in Corinthians, "If ye have not charity, ye are nothing." That is my goal, and the thing that I want to work on more this week, gaining charity. Along with your love for Jesus Christ, charity gives you the extra drive you need, and makes the work so much easier. 

I had a lot of questions I was seeking answers for this week, and I'm so grateful that the Lord answered them for me. I'm sorry that I don't have much time to write today.  There were some other crazy things that happened involving stuff I can't really talk about, but all in all it was a great week. We also interviewed 4 people for baptism, and I got to personally interview 2 of them and it was awesome. I love the mission and I know the work is hastening. I know I don't have too much time here, but I'm doing my best to push harder and fully consecrate myself to His work. I love you all! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love, Elder Romney(:

P day!

At the temple with Elder Sumner
On the way to the temple with Elder Heywood and Elder Sumner. Elder Heywood is a stud! Haha

No comments: