Tuesday, May 19, 2015

may 18, 2015 letter

Dear Family:
This week was probably the best week of my entire mission!! I would label this my MIRACLE WEEK. So this week I went in an exchange with one of the district leaders, Elder Schmidt, and it was probably one of the most fun ones I've ever been on. Elder Schmidt is from Lehi Utah and I probably played all 3 sports against him in junior high and stuff. He is one of the best elders in the mission. He is in a completely walking area so we had a fun time walking from house to house. That is one thing I wish we did in this mission, more walking, but in that time we reactivated 2 people who are less active and then found 4 solid new investigators.  We also found an old man in a wheelchair who couldn't get himself in the car, so we spent about 2 hours trying to help him make a little contraption to help him get in each time and then helped him in and out of his car. It felt a little like the savior helping this poor guy who couldn't do anything for himself to get in the van. I know now a little more how the savior must feel helping someone who can't help themself. And we also met this girl who rapped to us while we talked about Christ. It was the best. I wish I had been able to have recorded it. And there were a bunch of other awesome things (: Elder Schmidt said after that he wouldn't ever forget the exchange and that it was one of the best he had ever been on, and I'll never be able to forget it either. And that guy who we helped in his car basically said that he wanted to be baptized!! 

And then the baptism this week was so amazing. We had 107 people come to his baptism to support him. And then after the baptism we took their parents on a church tour and had one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever had and at the end we invited them to be baptized and they accepted!! So the whole family will be baptized be in a couple weeks(: It was the best lesson ever (: 

This week was truly one of miracles. I know that they never cease and they never will if we are brave enough to act on the impressions of the Holy Ghost. I'll tell more about it in my video journaling. I can't explain it well enough here.

 Love, Elder Romney(:




No comments: