Tuesday, April 14, 2015

april 13, 2015 letter

Dear family:
Well this week has probably been one of the most emotional weeks that I have had in a long time. I got a call this last week from president that I was called to be a zone leader in an english area. I am so happy to go and serve the missionaries out there, but it is so hard to leave everyone here. The best way to explain it is that I feel like I'm going out on my mission all over again. This literally became my home and the people here became my family. Saying goodbye to them has been heartbreakening, but I know that the Lord has a purpose for me to leave. With this new calling it means I will be teaching in English. I am sad about that because my Spanish had gotten to the point that I could explain exactly what I wanted to say and I felt comfortable teaching in it, and then I get called back to English. It's okay though, I have faith that I did my work out here that the Lord wanted me to do and there are some people in this new area that need me and I'm excited to go and find them! 

It was pretty tough saying goodbye to the people here, though. The other day in the gospel principles class they were talking about me leaving and two investigators hadnt found out yet, and you should have seen the sadness in there faces, it was so sad! I promised to stay in contact with them and gave them my email address. I truly do love them. They will get sealed in the temple next June in 2016 and I want to come back for it. They said that they would save me a spot there, so I cant wait! I hope that I get home before they get sealed so I can come back and go to the temple with them!! 

The baptism of those two was amazing. Again, I was running and running around and literally was busy till the point that they stepped in the water, and I loved it. I love being busy out of my mind and helping things go just right. It was so awesome because this time I stood in the back with her while her husband was baptized and then stood in the back with him while she got baptized. They are going to be an amazing family. I havent met a family who was so ready to be baptized and who is going to be able to help this church so much. They have such a strong testimony, and my hope and dream is that they both keep that for the rest of their lives. They plan to go back to Mexico in a while because they have a 4 year daughter there right now, so I am hoping they will stay here long enough to get sealed, and then be able to go back and help the people there in Mexico! I love this work so much, I cant even begin to tell you. The love I have for these people is what keeps driving me. 

The other night when I said goodbye to O, he offered the prayer and cried during the whole thing, wishing that I could stay, and blessing me with safety and comfort in whatever place I go. And we just went to a members house and they both wanted to offer prayers for me and they, too, cried during both of their prayers, thanking Heavenly Father for the oppurtunity to get to meet me and have me teach them. I love these people so much, it feels like I am leaving home again, but I'm ready for whatever the Lord has in store for me!

 This week was super good, lots of emotions from leaving and having the baptisms. But to sum it all up, it's been one of the best weeks I've had on my mission. 
I love you so much! 
Love, Elder Romney.



No comments: